Erika de Niet is celebrating and she has invited you to join the fun! To mark the 5th anniversary of her craft shop Stitchee, Erika is holding a contest with the theme “celebrate” that challenges you to explore your fun, creative side. The winners stand to win some awesome prizes too!
THEME: Crochet/ knit/ felt/ cross stitch/ sew/ quilt/ paper craft something that goes with the theme of “celebration”.
CATEGORIES: This contest has the following five categories (of which the first four are open to BeNeLux participants only).
- Bring out your needles and hooks and knit and/or crochet something with the theme of celebration.
- If you are a sewing or quilting wiz, dip into your fabric stash and create the magic of celebration.
- If other forms of handicraft are more your style, go ahead, create and celebrate your craft. You can felt, cross stitch, paper craft—use any medium, it’s up to you.
- The fourth category is open to children from primary school where they can create a project on the theme using any of the crafts they are comfortable with.
- The final category is open internationally. So if you live outside the BeNeLux Union, this category is exclusively for you. You can create anything on the theme using any form of crafts mentioned above and you too stand to win some amazing goodies.
PRIZES: Oh yes, now we’re talking!😉 There’s a first prize and runners up prizes for each of the five categories and these are the prizes.
- Knit/Crochet: Scheepjes kit: CAL 2014 worth €50
- Fabric: A surprise package with six fat quarters and more worth around €40
- Other forms of handicraft: A package for making felt elephants worth €40
- Children from primary school: A clay package
- International category: A bundle of 14 knit and crochet patterns of the winner’s choice from 10 designers! The patterns are provided by Rebeckah’s Treasures, Cilla Webb, Mary’s Amiland, Yarn Society, Lalylala, Spicy Tuesday Crafts, Susan Claudino/NoKnitSherlock, Tiny Owl Knits, Carola van Groen, and yours truly, Tales of Twisted Fibers.😀
To top it with a cherry, Erika is offering a Grand Prize of a BOM quilt with all fabric worth a whopping €300! Sweet, isn’t it!
So, a recap: make something crafty with the theme ‘Celebrate’ using any or all forms of handicrafts. Send your finished project(s) to Stitchee, Molendijk 47, 3262AH Oud-Beijerland, The Netherlands. Or you can post two to three images of your creation on Stitchee’s Ravelry group here. Your project(s) must be submitted by August 20, 2016.
ABOUT ERIKA DE NIET: Erika is a crochet designer and the queen of all things crafty. By her own admission, she’s dabbled in it all: be it crochet, knitting, sewing, felting, cross stitch, or paper craft. And loved every minute of it! After working as a primary school teacher for 10 years (during which she always made time to indulge in her passion for crafts), Erika started on her “dream job” and opened Stitchee, a handicraft shop on September 1, 2011. Her shop is chock-full of crochet, knit, felt and sewing supplies. You can check out her shop on Facebook.
Erika lives in Oud-Beijerland, the Netherlands, with her husband Jurgen and their cat Poekie.